> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > Doctor misdiagnosed my father. Stating he has liver cancer and didn't even have to worry about the anerism the doctor had also diagnosed him with.

Doctor misdiagnosed my father. Stating he has liver cancer and didn't even have to worry about the anerism the doctor had also diagnosed him with.

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 20th, 2017 on Medical Malpractice - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
My father has suffered mentally, emotionally and physically as well as his family. Making preparations and plans for a funeral. He didn't sleep well and could barely make it through work due to depression and sleepless nights and chest pains. Are family has gone through soo much grief because the doctor told my father he's dying just to find out that he doesn't have any cancer at all. How do you cope with something like this. My father has so many questions that are going unanswered. Is it possible to file a legal suit against this doctor? I'm using my daughter's email for communication.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Medical malpractice cases are nearly non existent in the state of Wisconsin. I wrote a blog about this very topic last year at our web site under personal injury issues. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel did an excellent article about the difficulties as well in 2015 or 2016. You can google it to read it. There are many reasons why medical malpractice cases are difficult to pursue and win, but the basic one is that 9/10 juries come back in favor of physicians and hospitals. Juries simply do not like to find fault against doctors. I am sorry what happened to your father. If you feel strongly he was wronged, gather up all of his medical records to have them reviewed by a malpractice lawyer. If they think there is a case, they will hire an outside medical consultant to review the file to determine if there is a viable claim. The statute of limitations for suing for medical malpractice in Wisconsin is three years from the date of the occurrence. Failure to file a lawsuit within three years, would forever bar the claim.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

351 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

241 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

156 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

100 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

78 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums