> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > How can I sue biomaterials plasma for giving me a false positive for HIV and I don't have it

How can I sue biomaterials plasma for giving me a false positive for HIV and I don't have it

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 10th, 2017 on Medical Malpractice - Tennessee
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 10th, 2017 at 3:21 PM
In order to sue for giving you a false positive for HIV, this is what our courts have said that you have to establish about your emotional injury: "Furthermore, we agree that in order to guard against trivial or fraudulent actions, the law ought to provide a recovery only for “serious” or “severe” emotional injury...  A “serious” or “severe” emotional injury occurs “where a reasonable person, normally constituted, would be unable to adequately cope with the mental stress engendered by the circumstances of the case....  Finally, we conclude that the claimed injury or impairment must be supported by expert medical or scientific proof."   Coleman v. Wilwayco, 2006 WL 140390, at *7 (Tenn.Ct.App.,2006) If you can establish this, then you have a case; if not, then you have no case.


If you would like to contact me personally by either phone or email, you may do so as follows: Patrick Johnson, Johnson, Scruggs & Barfield, 95 White Bridge Road, S. 508, Nashville, Tennessee, 37205, email:; Cell: 615-646-9417; Office: 615-352-8326

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

147 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

122 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Medical Malpractice Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums