> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > My husbands' PCP (since 1998) referred him to a kidney specialist AFTER he reached stage 4 CKD

My husbands' PCP (since 1998) referred him to a kidney specialist AFTER he reached stage 4 CKD

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 13th, 2017 on Medical Malpractice - Florida
More details to this question:
I hope we're not too late for a possible suit. My husband was referred to the kidney doctor in September of 2013-note on his medical record states 'renal failure'. That was the first time this doctor ever mentioned that something may be going bad with his kidneys. 9/2013- my husband was already stage IV. He has been on dialysis only since 11/2016, but is now stage V.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 13th, 2017 at 12:45 PM

There is a huge issue with this taking place 4 years ago as it may be past the statute of limitations. Your husband needs to consult with a medical malpractice lawyer immediately, though it may be too late. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

308 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

147 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

122 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

90 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Medical Malpractice Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums