> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > what do i need to do to file a law suit against a DR who damaged my kidney?

what do i need to do to file a law suit against a DR who damaged my kidney?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 13th, 2017 on Medical Malpractice - Arkansas
More details to this question:
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:18 PM

You neeed  to discuss the viability of your case with an attorney with experience in the field. Medical negligence cases are very expensive to pursue and there are special rules applicable to those cases that differ from common negligence cases. You should be particularly careful regarding the statute of limitations applicable. With some exceptions, the limitations period is 2 years from the date of your injury or the negligent act.

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

335 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

245 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

158 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

136 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

124 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

95 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

92 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

Medical Malpractice Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Semanoff Ormsby Greenberg & Torchia, LLC

Huntingdon Valley, PA

| Contact Now

The Law Offices of Craig L. Cook

Fort Smith, AR

| Contact Now

Quinn & Morris

Boston, MA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums