> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > I was at the ER having problems staying awake the ER doctor decided I had been taking too much of my pain medication he gave me a shot of something w

I was at the ER having problems staying awake the ER doctor decided I had been taking too much of my pain medication he gave me a shot of something w

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 06th, 2017 on Medical Malpractice - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
I had argued with him I did not take too much pain meds and since I kept falling asleep I have no idea what he gave me at the time I was in a shelter because of a apartment fire and the nurses at the shelter said I cried in my sleep all night long I think he should have realized there was still something wrong with me and it certainly wasn't my medicine two days later I'm in the hospital with an acute UTI
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:49 AM

Medical malpractice cases in Wisconsin are nearly impossible to pursue and win. I wrote a blog on the difficulties of pursuing a medical malpractice case last year at our web site (law firm) under personal injury issues. The Miilwaukee- Journal Sentinel also wrote an excellent article on how medical malpractice cases are basically extinct in Wisconsin. The statute of limitations is three years to start a lawsuit from the date of the occurrence or your claim would be forever barred. I am sorry what happened to you, but unless you sustained some type of permanent and viable damage as a result of the treatment, I wouldn't see this as an actionable case. 

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

322 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums