> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > i had shoulder repair surgery 2 yrs ago and now i have to have it replaced

i had shoulder repair surgery 2 yrs ago and now i have to have it replaced

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 28th, 2013 on Medical Malpractice - Arkansas
More details to this question:
i had a bone spur that tore my bicep tendon and damaged my rotator cuff a little over 2 yrs ago..and had sugery on it..repaired it...and now i recently have been having a lot of trouble with it...had a MRI done by a different dr...and it shows that my bone had died...resulting from loss of blood im looking at joint replacement surgery...can you give me any advice please
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 30th, 2013 at 12:43 PM

It is difficult to say whether the necrosis is related to the previous surgery. Has anyone told you that it is? If so, you may have a case worth investigating, but it sounds like an uphill battle. 

If you want to investigate a case, you should contact a local medical malpractice attorney (one in your state).  They take these cases on a contingency basis which means you only have to pay if you succeed.  Additionally, initial consultations are usually free. You can use the "Find a Lawyer" service through this website to research medical malpractice attorneys.  Then, visit each attorney's website and look for a firm that has a record of successful verdicts. 

Below are some articles you may find helpful.  They are written for a New Jersey audience (where I practice) but the ideas discussed in these articles usually apply in most other jurisdictions as well.

Click here for an article that discusses the three main questions I ask when deciding whether to investigate a potential medical malpractice case.

Click here for an article that explains what you can expect when filing a medical malpractice case.

Click here and here for more information about me.

Please note that by attempting to answer your question, I am not acting as your attorney. I will do nothing further to protect or preserve your interests in the absence of any additional discussion with you about this matter. John Ratkowitz, Esq. Starr, Gern, Davison & Rubin, P.C. 105 Eisenhower Parkway Roseland, NJ 07068 Office: (973) 830-8441 Cell: (732) 616-6278 Fax: (973) 226-0031 Email:  Skype: john_ratkowitz Web:

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

322 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums