> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Medical Malpractice > Just wondering i went under cardiac arrest a couple weeks ago now I have pacemaker difibillator in. So for a long time I have had low potassium???

Just wondering i went under cardiac arrest a couple weeks ago now I have pacemaker difibillator in. So for a long time I have had low potassium???

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 25th, 2017 on Medical Malpractice - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
I got copies going back 2 years showing low potassium from same primary physician and they didn't tell me my potassium has been low for a long time since March been taking to Fort Hospital with dizzy spells and getting bags of potassium but not put on supplements and now leading to 5th time having to have CPR and shocked to save my life do I have a case and just got denied disability last week cause have had health issues for over 2 years now
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 13th, 2017 at 7:09 AM

Medical malpractice cases are nearly impossible to pursue and win in Wisconsin anymore. There are many reasons for it. I wrote a blog at our law firm's web site on this very topic. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel did  an article as well about a year or so ago that you can google and read. If you feel strongly that you were harmed, gather up all of your medical records and sit down with a medical malpractice lawyer to see if you have a case. If they think you have a viable claim, they will hire an outside medical consultant to review the records to determine if you have a case. The statute of limitations is THREE years in Wisconsin to sue for malpractice from the date of the occurrence. Faillure to file a lawsuit within three years, would forever bar the claim.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

322 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

220 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

181 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums